AWO county association of Fulda has taken over the social assistance of refugees in different shared living quarters. This includes a close-knit networking aimed at integrating asylum seekers and refugees in the socio- cultural environment as soon as possible. We work with and help asylum seekers based on our values and guiding principles: Solidarity, Tolerance, Freedom, Equality, und Justice.
Our social educational workers and social assistants support the refugees:
- in finding of consultation places
- in health questions
- in contact with authorities
- in questions on the procedure for granting asylum
- in questions on kindergarten and school
- in German and integration classes
- in personal problems
- You can get more information here: firstname.lastname@example.org
The team supports the people in an accompanying, caring and consultative way and helps them be able to cope in the foreign culture and with the societal rules. The principle of Help for Self-help applies. That means competencies for the daily life are given that support an independent life. The support of a very active voluntary circle of helpers deserves to be mentioned and thanked.